Anambra State University (ANSU) DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK 2021/2022
Are you as spirant of ANSU seeking to know the various criteria to secure admission into the school? If yes, this article is an answer to your question and even more.
Here, we are discussing the important information you need to know in order to secure an admission.
Do follow through diligently.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM ANSU CUT OFF MARK 2021/2022
The minimum general cut off mark is 180 for all courses. But it is advised you score higher because those that score 260, 250 or 220 will get their name processed first before others can be considered.
Also courses like Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Law, Art, Education demand different scores. So the higher your score, the more your chances of being selected. Due to the competitive nature of admission in the institution, admission is given based on JAMB Score, O’ Level result and Post UTME score.
It is important for you to know that ANSU considers Post UTME score too. So meeting the jamb cut off mark is not the only issue. You have to score higher in your post UTME to be giving admission, especially for those going into engineering or medicine or law.
ANSU 2021/2022 Post UTME ADMISSION SCREENING NATURE
The Anambra State University also called Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed with the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents needed for the pre-screening exercise are your SSCE result and JAMB registrations print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE results.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise.
The required documents for this second phase are:
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates). Do note that cases of awaiting results will not be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status slip
ANSU DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK FOR 2021/2022 ACADEMIC SESSION
The Anambra State University does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in the UTME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Below are courses offered in the university as well as their cut off marks;
- 220 – 240 – Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing
- 200 – Mass Communication, Common Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology
- 190 – Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
- 180 – All other courses
For you to be accepted, you must meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses, have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the JAMB Brochure and the requisite ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level.