Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech) has announced that the part-time form for the 2021/2022 academic sessions is now out. For those who do not know, Yabatech offers admission into both Part-time and full-time study. Do you want to know how to apply for the Yabatech Part-time form? I am going to guide you through the process.
Firstly, it is important to note that Yabatech part-time admission form is available online. However, they are registration procedures that every candidate must follow.
I am going to be giving a step-by-step guide on the requirements and procedures on how to apply for the Yabatech part-time form.
The admission form for the Yaba College of Technology costs Fifteen Thousand Naira Only (N15, 000). Applications into the part-time study program for the 2021/2022 academic session are ongoing for eligible candidates.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Yabatech Part-time admission form
The application process can only be done online through Yabatech’s official website.
- To apply, kindly follow this link Yabatech Application and click on the option that reads ‘Apply’
- The first step (Step1) here is to generate a payment invoice.
- Enter the payment Invoice form (JAMB registration number, Email address, and Phone number)
- Preview JAMB information and then generate an invoice.
- Make the payments. This can be done at a commercial bank or via your Debit card.
- After payment, go to the registration portal and continue (step2)
- To validate the payment via remita, enter the payment RRR
- You can now fill in the Application form.
- Print the Application slip.
- Make payments for your o’level verification.
So, if you are willing to enroll in the part-time study program in Yabatech, here are the requirements that you must have.
Yabatech offers admission to both National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND). Below are the requirements for the part-time program in ND and HND at Yabatech.
Requirements for Part-time study program in Yaba College of Technology (National Diploma)
Candidates who are willing to enroll in the Yabatech must possess some requirements to be eligible.
The requirements are listed below:
- To be considered an eligible candidate, you must have five credits in at least two sittings from WAEC/NECO or NABTEB results
- Candidates who are using a NABTEB result cannot apply with WAEC/NECO results in case of combining two sittings. However, you can combine two NABTEB results from different years.
- The five credits must include English language and Mathematics
- You must have the right subject combination for the course you are applying for.
- You are to provide some passport photographs.
NOTE; Yaba College of Technology does not permit awaiting O’level results for its candidates.
Requirements for Part-time study program in Yaba College of Technology (Higher National Diploma)
- Candidates must have a valid Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (S.S.C.E) result
- The S.S.C.E result must match with the course the candidate is applying for.
- The Candidate must have a National Diploma (ND) certificate with at least a pass grade.
- The candidate must go through a one-year Post-National Diploma industrial experience or Industrial Training (IT). In the case of candidates with pass grades, a two-year IT program is required.
Closing date for Yabatech Part-time Application
The Management of Yaba College of Technology has also announced the deadline for the Application. Candidates are advised to complete the application for the Part-time program before the closing date. The authorities of Yabatech revealed that the closing date for the Application is six weeks after the opening date.
Some Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How much are the School fees for part-time study in Yabatech?
Answer: The school fees for the Yabatech part-time program are N75, 000. This is for the National Diploma (ND) students. However, the Higher National Diploma (HND) students pay around N80, 000. You can make payments in two installments. You can pay half of the fees in the first semester and the balance in the second semester.
How long does it take to finish the ND part-time program?
Answer: It takes around two years and six months to complete the ND part-time program.
Can I go for NYSC service after my part-time HND program?
Answer: The answer is No. You can only go for your NYSC if you switch from ND part-time to HND full-time. Nevertheless, you will get an NYSC exemption letter after your HND part-time program.
Is a School hostel available for part-time students?
Answer: School hostel is only available for full-time students. Although you can find accommodation close to the school area, they might be quite expensive. So be ready to spend more than N150K if you are willing to stay alone. On the other hand, you can find a roommate and split the rent.
Advantages of Yabatech part-time study program
The Yaba College of Technology part-time program has a very good advantage and benefits. The part-time study program assures students with freedom while learning. I will briefly highlight some of the merits of the part-time study program.
- You can work while furthering your Education. This is going to be very difficult for those who are in a full-time study program.
- For those who in National Diploma (ND), you can switch to a full-time study in your HND program. This can guarantee you the opportunity to participate in the NYSC program.
- ASUP strike does not affect Yabatech part-time program.
- After graduation from the National Diploma, you have a chance of getting admission into the University. This is possible through Direct Entry (DE).
- Yabatech Certificates are recognized abroad. A National Diploma or Higher National Diploma Certificate can be used for further studies in America and Europe.
I believe that you now know all the basic information about the Yaba College of Technology part-time program. For more updates, visit the school’s official website here Yabatech.edu.ng
If you found this post helpful, feel free to share it with your friends and family who are seeking admission into Yabatech part-time program. You can also share this article with social media groups related to Yabatech.
For more updates on admissions in Nigeria, keep refreshing our homepage here