Are you a BSUM aspirant seeking to secure admission into the university? You don’t need to search again for you are on the right page.
Here we will enlighten you on the various criteria you need to possess plus the cut-off mark of each of the courses offered in BSUM.
About Benue State University (BSUM)
Benue State University (BSUM) is a “state-owned” university established in 1992 in Makurdi, Benue State. The Institution offers undergraduate, postgraduates programs with a catalogue of over 58 graduate programs across nine faculties.
What is the Minimum BSUM Cut Off Mark 2021/2022?
The Management of the Benue State University BSUM has released the cut-off mark for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The minimum JAMB score you need for admission to BSUM is 160. This simply means that any candidate that scores exactly 160 or above is qualified to buy the post UTME form.
Must I choose BSUM as my first choice in JAMB?
You mustn’t choose BSUM as your first choice to gain admission. You can either choose the institution as a 1st or 2nd choice in JAMB. The only thing is that you must reach the cut off mark of 170. This will qualify you to sit for the Post UTME of the school.
Nature of BSUM Post UTME Screening Exam
The Benue State University holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed with the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents needed for the pre-screening exercise are your SSCE result and JAMB registrations print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE results.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise.
The required documents for this second phase are:
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates). Do note that cases of awaiting results will not be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status slip
BSUM DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARKS 2021/2022
This is often announced after aptitude results is out. In BSUM, every department has its own cut off point. Scroll down below to see the cut-off mark for your course.
Competitive courses require higher grades or scores.
- Law — 240
- Medicine — 250
- Nursing Science — 200
- Accountancy / Accounting — 200
- Medical Laboratory Science – 180
- Engineering Courses (except agricultural engineering) — 200
- Computer Science, Political Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry — 190
- Education, mass communication, marketing, economics, etc — 180
However, applicants must meet other admission requirements to be fully eligible for admission. The requirements include;
- You must score exactly or above 170 cuts off mark
- You must choose Benue State University as your first or second choice of institution
- You must possess a minimum of (5) O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- You must be at least 16 years of age