This content contains how to pass an English essay exam as well as English examination preparation tips.
It may seem impossible to pass the English language if you have struggled with the subject. Moreover, there are some strategies that will possibly help. To pass your English paper, you will need to incorporate some good habits for passing your English test, some new ways to get organized and develop strategies for getting the most out of class time.
First and foremost, give yourself time to read and take breaks as when needed. It is much preferred to go slowly when you read text than to rush through it and have to reread again.
• for example, if you have to read 40 pages of books on Friday, start reading on Monday and just read 10 pages per night. Don’t put off reading until Thursday night.
Secondly, making notes in the margins whenever you encounter something important is more effective than highlighting or underlining the passage. Try reading with a pen in your hand than holding a highlighter.
• you can write keywords in margins, ask questions, or comment on something that just happened.
Furthermore, writing summaries of what you just read can help you to commit the information to memory as well. After you finish reading a chapter of a book or a short story, take a minute to write a summary of what you just read. Here are some tips:
• In your summary don’t worry about including every little detail. Instead, try to provide a nice overview of that action.
• you might also want to include a paragraph where you can discuss your idea about the reading. For example, if something surprising happened in the chapter, you can talk about how you reacted to it and why.
• summaries are also a good place to record information about symbols, themes, and characters, For example, you might note that the author uses nature symbolism to describe certain characters.
Also, you can as we use many online guides which you can utilize in order to better comprehend the literature you are assigned to read ( INDEPENDENCE for example).
Website like SparkNotes and CliffsNote provides summaries,character analysis, interpretation, helpful hints,and more for many diverse books. Don’t rely solely on reading SparkNotes,reading only this guide will usually not give me you enough information to be successful.
Read for fun!, reading is an excellent way to improve your vocabulary and grammar skills. Try to discover some books or series of book that you enjoy reading during your spare time. Here are some hints on this:
• Read as much as possible and choose books that are slightly challenging for you.
• Look up words that you do not understand when reading. Make sure to make a note of the word’s definition as well.
In addition to this,ensure you draft your essays. Drafting is when you take your notes,outline,and all of the ideas on your head and out them onto paper in essay form. If you have dome adequate free writing, research and outlining then this step should not be too difficult. Remember to use your outline to guide you as you write!.
Conclusively, go above and beyond. If you really want to excel in English paper,then look for ways to go above and beyond your inspector’s expectations. If your instructor ever says that something is a good idea,but that is optional,do it anyways.
These extra assignments can help you increase your knowledge and that may improve your grades.
Was this article helpful?Take an action by using the comment box below.