Are you looking to apply for the upcoming JAMB UTME? Do you want to seek admission into the university? If you have plans to buy JAMB form and you want to know how much is JAMB form? This article will give you all the necessary information you need.
Firstly, I would like to discuss what you need in order to get yourself set for the registration procedures. In this article, you will get a guide that will help you know all the requirements you need before purchasing the JAMB form.
JAMB is an organizing body that conducts the UTME examinations for students willing to gain admission into a Nigerian University. Note the full meaning of them.
JAMB: Joint Admission and Matriculation Board.
UTME: Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
The price of JAMB form is N4, 000 only. Here is a little breakdown of the fee.
- JAMB form for registration costs N3, 500
- The recommended textbook for applicants is N500
If you want to register for the upcoming JAMB UTME, then take note that the price for the registration is N4, 000. However, they are requirements that every applicant must have to be able to register for the examination. A service fee of N700 also applies to the registration process. This makes it a total of N4, 700 for the JAMB UTME registration process.
I am going to highlight all the required documents and details you need to register for the upcoming JAMB UTME.
- The most important thing you will be asked to provide is your National Identification Number (NIN). This is mandatory for all JAMB applicants
- Your O’level result i.e. WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB (if not an awaiting result)
- A purchased JAMB ePIN
I will work you through the registration process and procedure below.
JAMB registration process
- Firstly, you will have to have to create a profile code to get started with the registration process.
- To create the profile code, use a unique phone number to send your NIN via text message (SMS). Here is an example: send NIN space 11-digit NIN number to 55019. (NIN 12345678910)
- After sending the message, a profile code will be sent to your phone number. The profile code contains 10 characters.
- The candidate will then go to an ePin center (This might be in the Banks, POS, and MFB’s e.t.c). Provide your profile code to the ePin center and pay the required amount. The ePin will then be sent the phone number you used to create the profile code.
- Take the ePin to any accredited JAMB CBT center to continue the registration process
Note: The phone number (SIM) that you used to get the profile code should be consistent throughout the registration process. You cannot use one phone number to create a profile code and a different one for the rest of the registration process.
The complete JAMB registration process/payment methods
They are lots of ways you can get the ePIN. In this article, I will show you three methods you can use to make payments for the ePin. Follow the instructions below to get a detailed guide:
Payment via Point of Service (POS)
You can make payments for the ePin at a POS available at JAMB offices and CBT centers. To make payment via POS:
- Provide the profile code you created and make payments through your ATM card.
- The ePin will be sent to the phone number you used to create the profile code.
Payment through a commercial bank or Microfinance bank
- Go to a Bank with your profile code and make payments by cash
- You will receive the ePin to the phone number you used t create the profile code
Payment on JAMB’s portal
- Go to JAMB’s official website at jamb.org.gov
- Click on the ‘purchase of application document’ button
- Type in your profile code
- Choose your preferred payment option. You can make payment via Remita or InterSwitch.
- After completing the payment, the ePin will be sent to the phone number you used to create your profile code.
For candidates outside Nigeria, there is also a medium you can use to do the registration process online. Follow the instructions below to run the registration:
JAMB Candidates Abroad
- Go to JAMB’s e-facility portal at jamb.gov.org/e-facility
- Create your profile
- Log in to your profile
- On the menu bar, click on Foreign UTME/DE registration
- Go through the questions until you reach the payment page
- Complete the payment using a valid card
- Finally, proceed to complete the process online.
Some frequently asked questions and answers
Can I recover my ePin if I misplaced it?
You can recover your ePin if you lost it. All have to do is send UTME to 55019 and a pin will be sent to your phone number. Remember that you can only retrieve your ePin with the number you used to create your profile code.
Can I register JAMB without my O’level result?
Yes. You can register with an awaiting result. However, you will need to upload the results to JAMB’s portal as soon as you receive the result.
For more information, visit JAMB’s official website at jamb.gov.org
I believe that you now know how much JAMB form costs and how to make payments for registration. If you found this post helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Feel free to share this article on social media platforms related to JAMB.
For more similar updates on JAMB, please refresh our homepage here