The procedures to successfully do a JAMB change of course and institution for 2018/2019 academic session has been released by the management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
JAMB Change of Course and Institution Form procedures or how to successfully do it for 2018/2019 has been explained here.jamb
Did you made a mistake during your JAMB Registration? Is the mistake related to choosing Wrong Institution or Wrong Course? if so, this article will be of help to you.
This article is created for all candidates to explain what JAMB Change of course and change of institution is all about. so, if you are a JAMB Candidate, please relax and read this article very well as we have answers to most of the questions you may be having currently concerning JAMB Change of Course and Institution.
See Solutions to JAMB Change of Course And Institution Not Reflecting
- Is JAMB Change Of institution Still On?
- Is JAMB Change of Course and institution still on sale?
- When is JAMB Change of Course and Institution closing?
- How Can i do JAMB Change of Course or Institution?
JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION EXPLANATION
For those who don’t know what JAMB Change of Course and Institution is all about, this is a good opportunity for you as i will be taken time to explain it very well to your understanding.
JAMB Change of course and Institution comprises of two things:
JAMB Change Of Course
JAMB Change of Institution
JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE FORM
JAMB Change of course which is the first aspect of JAMB change of course and Institution combined together is a form released by the management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to enable candidates who wish to switch to another that is entirely different from the one they applied originally during JAMB Registration.
JAMB Change of course is usually done within a school of choice applied by the candidate.
The Change of course form is very important especially for candidates who applied for a particular course in the University and after seeing his or her JAMB Result found out that the Score will not be sufficient to fetch him admission into that course or department.
For the person not to waste another extra year going to write JAMB in order to put in for another course, He or she need to buy the Change of course form and change to another less competitive department in that same school.
JAMB CHANGE OF INSTITUTION
The Second phase is the Change of Institution form which is also a form released by the management of JAMB that allows candidates to switch to another Institution or school either a University, Polytechnic or a College of Education.
JAMB Change of institution is done by a candidate who want to change from One school to another which can be of any of the form below:
- University to Another University
- University to a Polytechnic
- University to a College of Education
- Polytechnic to a Polytechnic
- Polytechnic to University
- Polytechnic to a College of Education
- College of Education to a College of Education
- College of Education to a University or
- College of Education to a Polytechnic.
This is very helpful for a candidate who a school as first choice during JAMB registration but was unable to score up to the school’s cut off mark.
For the candidate not to waste another in writing JAMB, he or she has to buy a Change of Institution form and change from the school to another which can be in any of the form mentioned above.
While applying for Jamb, a lot applicants may mistakenly choose a wrong course or institution they do not want to study in.
When such happens, the affected person will now seek for ways to know if it will be possible to change the course or university selected during registration.
Jamb change of course and institution helps the affected candidates who made a mistake while selecting they course and or Institution to correct those mistakes On Jamb portal.
JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION STARTING DATE
For those who has been asking questions on when JAMB Change of Course and Institution form is going to come out, this section of this article will be useful.
Because most of the mistakes that requires JAMB change of course and Institution is done during JAMB Registration, Most candidates assume that the form is always out immediately the registration commences.
But to avoid assumptions, i am going to explain about the expected period that change of course and institution will come out.
The likely period that JAMB Change of course and institution will come out are:
- After the release of JAMB Result.
- After The Release of JAMB Official Cut Off Mark
- After JAMB Result Has Been Released
- There are chances that the Management of JAMB Will release Change Of
- Course Form after JAMB Result has all been released.
This is so because during this period, JAMB Candidates have seen their scores and from there, will be able to now if their scores will fetch them the course or school they applied for.
After The Release of JAMB Official Cut Off Mark
Another time when JAMB Change of course and Institution always come out is after the official cut off marks for all schools has been released.
At this time, candidates will be able to compare the results ot the JAMB Score they had with the official cut off mark of the school they are applying to and see if they are qualified to participate in the school’s post-utme screening exercise.
For those who they score won’t be enough to gain them admission into the University, Polytechnic, or Colleges of Education they applied to will now have to do a change of course and institution.
This is usually when the need arises and as such, JAMB makes the form available for the affected candidates to proceed and effect the necessary changes.
This will now enable candidates who made a mistake earlier on while applying for Jamb and those who did not meet the cutoff mark for a particular School or course to change to another institution or Course in which they met the requirements.
So, the bottom line is that JAMB Change of course and institution form will come out early April or Late April depending on when JAMB Releases the Cut off Mark.
CHANGES THAT REQUIRES JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE OR JAMB CHANGE OF INSTITUTION.
So many people has been asking to know the kinds of changes or data that can be effected on the JAMB Change of Course and Institution form. below we are going to explain to you some of the changes you can make.
Changing from Polytechnic As First Choice to University as First Choice: Candidates in this Category are those who already made Polytechnic their First Choice in JAMB. They can now proceed to do a Change of Institution into any desired University.
Changing from University As First Choice to Polytechnic as First Choice: Candidates in this Category are those who already made University their First Choice in JAMB. They can now proceed to do a Change of Institution into any desired Polytechnic.
Changing from One University As First Choice to Another University as First Choice: Candidates in this Category are those who already made University their First Choice in JAMB. They can now proceed to do a Change of Institution into another University as they First Choice.
Changing from University As First Choice to University as Second Choice then Polytechnic as First Choice: Candidates in this Category are those who already made University their First Choice and Polytechnic their Second choice in JAMB. They can now proceed to do a Change of Institution and make Polytechnic their First Choice, then University their Second Choice. This is advisable if you are changing to a University that Accept Second Choice. See Universities that Accept Second Choice Here.
Changing from One Course To Another: Candidates in this Category are those who wants to change either they First Choice, Second Choice or Third Choice Course to another one entirely.
JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION PROCEDURES (HOW TO).
Note: is Is Advisable for you to go to the nearest JAMB Accredited Registration Centers and do the change or correction.
The procedures found below are the ones used during 2017/2018 to do a JAMB change of course and institution . all JAMB Candidates who wish to effect the changes by they self are urged to read through it carefully.
1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page
5. Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this.
6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
12. After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
13. Click Submit to complete your application.
14. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
Question And Answer Section For Change Of Course And Institution
I have received a lot of questions concerning JAMB Change of Course and Institutions such as:
I Selected a Wrong course while filling in my JAMB Registration Details, can i be able to correct it?
When am i going to do a Change of Course or Institution, is it after JAMB Registration or During the Registration?
Can i be able to correct any mistake i made concerning my Course of Study and the Institution of Choice?
Now let’s answer some of the questions provided concerning JAMB 2017 change of course and Institution.
CAN I DO A JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION?
Yes. If you made any mistake concerning the Course you want to study or the University or Institution that you want to study in, You can be able to change or correct it to your desired course or University.
WHEN WILL I DO A CHANGE OF COURSE OR INSTITUTION?
Knowing that JAMB Change of Course and or Institution is possible if one made a mistake while choosing Course or University, The Next Question is: Is is after JAMB Registration or Before JAMB Registration Deadline that i can do a change of Institution?
The answer is No. Jamb change of course or institution is done after the release of JAMB Result when all JAMB Examination has taken place.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR CHANGE OF COURSE AND INSTITUTION TO REFLECT?
Have you done a Change of institution but it has not yet appeared or reflected in your Profile? How long does it take for it to appear?
To answer the question, As at Last Year Downward; JAMB Change of Course and Institution reflects or appears immediately it is done. i have heard a lot of people complaining that the have done the change of institution or course for almost some time now but they have not seen the changes or it has not reflected on the new school they applied to. To make sure it is done correctly and to be on the safer side, please Visit An Accredited Center and Do your Change if need be.
If the changes has not reflected, go back to the center you did the change and complain to them or you can go to the nearest JAMB Office and Complain to them.
Note: There is no time to waste as most schools have started selling their Post-UTME Form and if you don’t do it fast, you may end up missing the Screening or not applying at all.
Candidates who wish to do a change of Course or Institution are to visit the nearest Accredited JAMB Registration Center or visit the center where they did their JAMB Registration and do the Change of Course or Institution.
How Much Is JAMB Change Of Course And Institution Form
Candidates who wish to proceed to do a JAMB change of Institution or Course are to note that there is a price tag attached to it.
JAMB Change of Course and Institution is N2,500 for each correction to be effected.
So candidates who wish to do a change of course should anticipate that the amount will be around N2,500.