Before you will be given admission into KWASU, you must fulfil all their requirements. In this article, you will be enlightened on all what you need to know to aid you in securing admission into the university.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM KWASU CUT OFF MARK 2021/2022
The minimum Kwasu cut off mark is 180 for all courses. For you to have a greater chance of getting admission, you must score above 180 in your JAMB exam. Those that scored 270, 290, 300, have the chance of coming out on the first list because no university will admit students that score 180 first when there are students that scored above.
Does KWASU Offer Admission based on JAMB Score Only?
Kwasu considers both your Post UTME score and JAMB score before offering you admission. So meeting the jamb cut off mark is not the only issue. You will have to score higher in your Post-UTME to be given admission. The leaset percentage you should have in your Post UTME is 50%. And, this is dependent on the course you want to study.
In this light, it is pertinent you know that Kwasu is one of the top tertiary institutions in Nigeria that try to maintain a certain standard. It is often said that if you cannot improve on the existing standard, keep the standard the way you found it. There is no way Kwasu will decide to beat their cut off markdown.
WHAT IS THE NATURE OF KWASU 2021/2022 ADMISSION SCREENING?
The Kwara State University holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed with the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
For the prescreening exercise, you should need your SSCE result and JAMB registrations print out only to commence.
It is advised you arrive early and locate your screening venue early. This is to avoid stories that touch the heart.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Below is the list of documents need for this stage of screening:
- Original copies of your educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates). Please note that awaiting results will not be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status slip
WHAT IS KWASU CUT OFF MARK FOR MEDICINE?
The cut off mark for medicine in KWASU is 240 and above. In addition, you Post UTME score should be 70% and above.
KWASU DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK 2021/2022
The Kwara State University does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in UTME examination is eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Below is the breakdown of each departmental cut off mark for the year 2021/20222
- 220 – 240 – Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing
- 200 – Mass Communication, Common Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology
- 190 – Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
- 180 – All other courses
You must meet the minimum UTME scores for your chosen course, have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the JAMB Brochure and the requisite ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level to be able to secure admission into KWASU.