Are you an aspirant of the Nasarawa State University (NSUK)? Do you want to know the 2021/22 departmental cut-off marks of NSUK? We have got you covered with all the necessary information pertaining to NSUK cut-off marks for the 2021/2022 academic session.
To secure admission there are certain criteria you must meet, and one is the cut off mark amongst others.
About Nasarawa State University
Nasarawa State University is a state-owned university established by the Nasarawa state government in the year 2001 in Keffi. It was initially established with the aim of providing a medium for the Nassarawa State indigenes to acquire tertiary education. It offers both undergraduates and postgraduates courses.
NSUK Cut-off Mark 2021/2022
The officially approved minimum cut-off mark for admission into NSUK for the 2021/2022 academic year is 160. But to be on the safe side, score from 200 and above.
I had 160 and above but was not still given admission to study my desired course?
Yes, it is very possible, especially if your desired course demands a higher cut off mark. For example, you can’t 160 and are expected to be given engineering. You have to score up to 230 to be considered.
The fact here is that the higher your scores, the higher the chance of being admitted.
NSUK Departmental Cut-off Mark 2021/2022
Nasarawa State University (NSUK ) Departmental Cut-Off Marks are as follows:-
- 240 –Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing
- 180 – Mass Communication, Common Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology
- 200 – Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
You should note that admission processes due to their competitive nature are being given based on your JAMB score, Post UTME score and O’Level.
Does NSUK conduct Post UTME Exams?
Yes, it does. In fact, without scoring up to your required departmental score in the Post UTME exam, you may either be denied admission or pushed to another department. This leads us to the next point.
NSUK Nature of Admission Screening
Nasarawa State University (NSUK ) holds her admission screening exercises within a week or a couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed with the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are SSCE result and JAMB registration printout only.
It is important that candidates arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screened based on their JAMB scores and their SSCE result respectively.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. The required documents are:
- Original copies of your educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates). Note: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status slip.