The University Of Calabar Cut Off Mark 2021/22
The University of Calabar was established in the year 1973 by the Federal Military Government. The university is known as one of the most respected universities in the South-South region. Contained in this article are important pieces of information you must know as an uncial aspirant.
Just follow through carefully.
What is the Minimum UNICAL JAMB Cut off Mark?
The minimum cut off mark of the University of Calabar is 180 for all courses.
Must I Chose UNICAL as my First Choice?
If you are serious about schooling in uncial, you must select it as your first choice while registering JAMB. Even though you beat the cut off mark, you won’t be accepted if it isn’t your first choice.
How is Post UTME Conducted in UNICAL?
Unical holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. You are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when it is being announced.
The documents required for the pre-screening exercise are your SSCE result and JAMB registration printout only.
It is advised that you arrive early and locate your screening venue early.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. This is called the merit list. You will be invited for another screening exercise when you merit it. You are to carry along the following documents.
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates). Please note that awaiting results will not be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of attestation from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status
How Can I Calculate UNICAL Aggregate Score?
Unical is not concerned whether you have 9 A’s or 9 C’s, all that matters are your JAMB and Post UTME score.
Below are the steps in which you can follow to calculate the aggregate score.
- Divide your JAMB score (out of 400) by 8
- Divide your Post UTME score (out of 100) by 2
- Add up the and you have your aggregate or average score
UNICAL Departmental Cut off Mark
As agreed by the school management board, the following are the cut off marks of the different departments in Unical.
- 260 and above for Basic Medical Science courses (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing
- 160 and above for Art courses – English language, Mass Communication, Theatre Arts etc
- 220 and above for Applied Basic Sciences like Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology and the likes
- 230 and above – Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering
The minimum score is divided into 3 Merit, Locality and ELDs. The first score is for Merit, the second one is for a locality, and the third one is for ELD
For better understanding, here is the full breakdown list.
|PROGRAMME||CUT OFF POINT
|B.A HISTORY & INT’L STUDIES||230||220||210|
|B A THEATRE AND MEDIA STUDIES||235||220||215|
|B.A. (ENGLISH & LITERARY STUDIES)||240||230||222|
|B.A HONS FRENCH||200||185||180|
|B.A. LINGUISTICS AND COMMUNICATION||225||215||205|
|B. A. RELIGIOUS & CULTURAL STUDIES||200||185||180|
|B. A. PHILOSOPHY||210||185||180|
|B.AGRIC (AGRIC. ECONOMICS & EXTENSION)||190||180||180|
|B. AGRIC. (ANIMAL SCIENCE)||210||200||190|
|B. AGRIC (SOIL SCIENCE)||220||185||180|
|B.AGRIC.( FORESTRY & WILDLIFE)||200||195||190|
|Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.N.Sc.)||240||225||215|
|B.Public Health (B.P.H.)||210||190||180|
|B. Sc. BIOCHEMISTRY||210||200||195|
|B.ED ADULT EDUCATION||190||180||180|
|B.Ed IN EDU ADMIN & PLANNING||210||185||180|
|B.Ed GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING||210||200||180|
|B.Sc (Ed.) HUMAN KINETICS & HEALTH EDUCATION||200||190||180|
|B.Sc (Ed) BUSINESS EDUCATION||210||200||180|
|B.ED SPECIAL EDUCATION||190||180||180|
|B.Sc (Ed) AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE EDUCATION||190||185||180|
|EDUCATION POLITICAL SCIENCE||220||210||195|
|LAW LL. B(HONS)||269||260||255|
|B.Sc BANKING & FINANCE||210||200||190|
|B.Sc BUSINESS MANAGEMENT||240||230||225|
|B.Sc APPLIED GEOPHYSICS||210||185||180|
|B.Sc PHYSICS (ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY)||205||185||180|
|B.SC. GENETICS & BIOTECHNOLOGY||215||195||180|
|B.Sc ZOOLOGY & ENV. BIOLOGY||215||180||180|
|B.SC SOCIAL WORK||215||200||185|
|B.Sc. ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (ERM)||215||200||180|
|B.Sc. GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE||220||207||195|
|B.SC. POLICY AND ADMINISTRATIVE STUDIES||200||190||180|
|B.SC. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION||235||227||220|
|B.Sc. POLITICAL SCIENCE||235||225||220|