When is JAMB registration ending?
The JAMB registration form for the 2021/2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is now out
JAMB has announced the start date, the closing date, and the cost of the registration form
The JAMB UTME registration form for the 2021/2022 Exams is now out. The announcement was made on the 8th of April 2021. Registration will take place from now till May. Prospective applicants can now buy the form for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
However, if you want to know when JAMB registration is ending? Then keep reading. JAMB recently announced the commencement of the sales of application forms for prospective candidates. However, the registration process is expected to last for just one month.
JAMB registration was expected to end on the 15th of May 2021. Although the date has now been extended by JAMB, the registration is expected to end on the 29th of May.
The registration for JAMB UTME is now available online at jamb.org.ng. All prospective candidates must have access to some basic information and the requirements necessary for the Examination.
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about JAMB.
How much is the JAMB registration fee?
Answer: The 2021/2020 JAMB registration fee is now N3500. Although the price was higher in 2018, it has been reduced since then.
This fee includes the provision of the necessary text, the syllabus, and the brochure.
How can I buy JAMB registration scratch cards/forms?
Answer: The registration scratch card which is known as the e-PIN is available at banks and a few assigned vendors across the country.
The following Banks have agents at JAMB registration centers where prospective candidates can register: First Bank, Skye Bank, and Zenith Bank Plc. To start the registration process, you have to get the e-PIN first. Although this might involve bank charges.
Below I am going to be giving you a step-by-step guide on how to register for the 2021/2022 JAMB UTME.
- The first step in the registration process is by creating a JAMB profile.
- You will receive an SMS of the e-PIN
- From here, you can go to an approved CBT center with your details.
- You are to provide the e-PIN at the accredited JAMB CBT center for registration.
How do I complete my JAMB CBT registration?
Answer: The 2021/2022 JAMB UTME registration can be done in accredited centers or through Jamb’s official website at Jamb.org.ng.
After the registration process, all candidates are provided with the following items:
- E-brochure: This shows the guidelines and requirements details on admissions. The E-brochure gives candidates information about the universities, polytechnics, etc. The brochure covers the programs of study available in tertiary institutions.
- E-syllabus: The e-syllabus covers information about the schedule of the examination.
- Candidates are also provided with a step-by-step guide after they have completed the application.
- The registrar sends Video messages to all candidates. This also includes a demo on how to use 8 keys for the JAMB UTME exams. This would be vital for candidates who are not computer literates.
The 2021/2021 JAMB UTME examination has a list of important guidelines that every candidate should know. Below are the guidelines for the 2021 /2022 JAMB examinations:
- All candidates must complete their application form online. The candidates are to submit their personal information such as Full Name, Email, L.G.A, academic background, and so on.
- The candidates will undergo biometric (fingerprints) and Images are to be captured at the registration centers.
- Candidates are to provide their O’level/A’ level grades. In cases of awaiting results, the candidate is to upload the results to the JAMB portal once the results are available.
- All candidates must collect their e-slip after completing their registration process.
Alternatively, To access this information, visit JAMB’s official website here at jamb.org.ng
Some prospective UTME candidates often make mistakes on the subject combination for their preferred courses. You must know the right combination to choose to avoid future issues with admission.
However, I am going to be sharing with you a list of subject combinations for some of the major courses.
Medicine and Surgery: For candidates interested in studying medicine and surgery, here are the subject combinations – English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
Architecture: For the architecture prospects, they are several elective subjects you can choose from. However, English, Physics, and Mathematics are compulsory subjects. You can add any of the following subjects: Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology, or Economics.
Anatomy: The right subject combination for anatomy is English, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry.
Chemistry: Candidates who are willing to study chemistry must choose English and Chemistry as they are compulsory. Although you can also choose two out of Physics, Mathematics or Biology.
Computer Science: For those who want to apply for Computer science; English, Mathematics, and Physics are compulsory subjects. However, you can also choose one of Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Physics, Agricultural Science and Economics.
Electrical Engineering: The right subject combination is English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
If you get the subject combination right, you will not have admission problems when it comes to courses by JAMB.
If you want to see the right subject combination of other major courses, you can also click this link here.
I hope this post was helpful. Feel free to share this with your friends who are prospective JAMB UTME candidates. You can also share this link with social media groups associated with JAMB and UTME candidates.